Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by JorgeM

How are you defining the footer area in your CSS? And the div that holds the contents - is the height fixed at a set height or auto?

On your main <div> wrapper, you're defining a fixed height, so when your text exceeds that 1226px limit, it gives you the "leaking" footer into the main <div>.

You can either remove or comment out the height property in your CSS file and it will be fixed.

#main {
    background-color: white;
    width: 1140px;
    /* height: 1226px; */
}

I tried this using Developer Tools in Chrome on your site and by taking out the height property, it fixed the problem.

Edited by jwmollman: Fixed code formatting on HTML tags

@jwmollman...thanks so much! that worked perfectly. i figured it had something to do with a height issue but wasnt sure...css is not my strong point.
genius!

Glad I could help! CSS just clicked for me one day. I just practice with HTML and CSS by making simple layouts and then built upon them on my free time and that's how I get better at it.

For me, I just let <div>'s fill up with whatever content they contain. In all my layouts, I never really used fixed heights, only fixed widths.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.