Hello,

I treid this attribute on form, but I see one problem - but I shows message in english, but my site is in another languege. So its not nice to have english messages in lithuanian site. Isn't it posible to somehow translate? I tried quick google search on this topic, but did not find anything usefull.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

The error message is browser specific, not website specific.
The installed language of the browser, and whether the translation is available, determines the content of the error message.
NOT a good idea to depend upon anything that requires the user to have or do anything properly.
serverside validation, and controlled error messages is better.
Especially as 70%+ of users still do not have a browser that supports any part of html5

then not much of use of this attribute if you can't specify the language. It might be good for site admins, who understand english anyway update their browsers. Hm, and wanted too make me look that I am using new technologies :D

The required attribute is used to indicate that particular field is required and needs to be filled in. Think of it as an input validator.It has got nothing to do with language translation at all.

I hope this helps.

reread the OP, this thread has everything to do with browser translations

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.