w3schools offers certification in various web development languages at $95 a pop. I'm wondering whether it's a good investment, and it largely depends on how recognized and respected w3schools certificates are.

If anyone knows of good alternatives for certification in the Toronto, Canada area that don't require prior attendance at a formal educational institution, please let me know. Google isn't very helpful--it just gives me a list of expensive private colleges I can attend in person for 12 months at a time.

Eyetee

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@Eyeteeorg

w3schools offers certification in various web development languages at $95 a pop. I'm wondering whether it's a good investment, and it largely depends on how recognized and respected w3schools certificates are.

Any certifications relating to web development is worth it. It's not bad to have something like that on your resume. As long as the certification is valid. w3schools is a good site to learn web development. I don't see any issue with getting a certification from w3schools

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.