i have an idea for a site that i believe is cool but i cant build it with sitehosters like wordpress or simplesite.. i downloaded dreamweaver but its just really confusing... please if you have a better way to build a site just with ur programmin skills, please post here...i hope this is detailed enough

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by deceptikon

You could have just updated your original post with this.

Dreamweaver is about as close as you are going to get to having code you wrote yourself. I don't know anything about simplesite, and Wordpress is a blog/cms, not a website editor.

If you are trying to build a website without learning any html, then you should probably read the documentation on Dreamweaver. Else, venture out and learn HTML, etc.

i downloaded dreamweaver but its just really confusing...

everything is confusing the first time.

better way to build a site just with ur programmin skills, please post here

create a site from scratch using html, css, php, mysql, etc. or download a template. i recommend you read/watch some resources to get a hang of things.

thanks pixelsoul.. i did not know how to edit it..
ans i kind of know html, learning css and next would be php js and the rest.. and r you a web editor?
thanks too <M/> but please if you are reading this, you should know that this is not a solved case so please help..

ans i kind of know html, learning css and next would be php js and the rest.. and r you a web editor?

What do you mean by web editor? do you mean developer.

What exactly are you building, i think i can point out a few ideas and strategies you can use (unless someone beats me to it).

hey, <M/>, no one beat u to the race... i'd rather private message it to you... can I??

Sure, go ahead but i personally would advise you to post it here so more than 1 person can assist you.

Edited by <M/>

o... ok, i'll do that but heres the thing, i'm hoping to get help for free, unless the person wants something out of the site like 20% of it...i'll post it now, if you're interested, u can contact me on skype, twitter and even faceB

its a site that makes a registered user ask questions to the world, with interest points that links those questions to other users. and a user can also direct the question to another user... this is just the websites main points and if u can html, this is how to create a question or "Eate" as i call it... is created

<form>
<h1>Eate Something</h1>
   <h3>Your Eate...</h3> 
                    <textarea cols=43 rows=4 required placeholder="In order to get a good Eate, start your Eate with a question word like _who_why_would_could_they_the_or-words-that-questions-usually-start-with_ and so on and end your Eate with a question mark_?_"  >
</textarea>
    <h3>Additional Note</h3><br />
                    <textarea cols=26 rows=7 placeholder="An A. N. comes in handy when you have another sentence in your Eate that doesn't fit in... EXAMPLE:_who invented chemistry? A. N. I wanna learn from the expert... However, this is optional.">
</textarea>
<br />
          Add Interest Point
                   <textarea cols=18 rows=4 required placeholder="You need an I. P. or more so that your Eate shows up in people's notifications" ></textarea>
                    <p> if you have more than one I. P. 
<br /> separate with a comma</p>             
                     <input type=reset value="Clear
 All"/>
                     <input type=submit value="Share
 Eate"/>
 </form>
 <form>
<hr>
<h1>Eate Someone</h1>
<ul>
<li>
<h6>
<i>when you Eate someone, 
<br />the Eate is seen by you and 
<br />the other user receiving the 
<br />Eate... Like messages.</i>
</6> 
 <h3>Your Eate...</h3> 
                    <textarea cols=43 rows=4 required placeholder="In order to get a good Eate, start your Eate with a question word like _who_why_would_could_they_the_or-words-that-questions-usually-start-with_ and so on and end your Eate with a question mark_?_"  >
</textarea>
    <h3>Additional Note</h3><br />
                    <textarea cols=26 rows=7 placeholder="An A. N. comes in handy when you have another sentence in your Eate that doesn't fit in... EXAMPLE:_who invented chemistry? A. N. I wanna learn from the expert... However, this is optional.">
</textarea>
<br />
      Username--->
                    <input type=text name=username required placeholder="E.g. CNN_newsdesk"/><p>if you are are sending to more than one person,<br /> separate with a comma</p>

<input type=reset value="Clear
 All"/>
                     <input type=submit value="Send
 Eate"/>
</form>

remember, this are just the mainpoints

thanks if u have interest in this

its a site that makes a registered user ask questions to the world, with interest points that links those questions to other users. and a user can also direct the question to another user...

How is this different from, say, Stack Overflow?

stack overflow? never heard of it before, let me go check it now.. and sEEEE if it is related to my idea... and thanks for telling me bout this site, i could gain some ideas and drop some after i've checked it out

woah... its nothin like i intended to be on my site... ok maybe the question part but thats it... i'll tell u the difference btw my site and stckovrflw.
1 my site<not yet created>does not show u questions on the homepage.2 my site other social capabilities. 3 myy site does not lie on the homepage saying"It's 100% free, no registration required."4 each question is assigned a short and rememberABLE url like "www.mo.ney/qqr3" of course there will be hundreds of short urls options to choose from like a dropdown list. 5 alot more. and i'm tired of typing.

Let me be more specific: what's so awesome about your idea that would encourage people to use your site instead of established and mature Q&A sites like Stack Overflow? So far I'm not seeing anything enticing.

encourage people to use your site instead of established and mature Q&A sites like Stack Overflow?

What about daniweb, lol.

What about daniweb, lol.

Same questions, different site. There are a large number of forums, bulletin boards, news groups, and exchange sites out there. Adding a new one that's not guaranteed to be still born would require a certain measure of uniqueness, unusually good usability, and/or revolutionary design.

Stack Overflow is a good example of those traits, and that's why it has done so well in such a short time. That's also why I used it as the defining example rather than Daniweb. Daniweb is more of a classic forum, but it's a mature community rather than a new kid on the block. Most classic forums that are created die quickly, and unless it's a niche that's not currently filled, success is very unlikely.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.