Hi there,

I've just finished designing a new website - http://www.rjthompsonmusic.com

It looks quite good, but I'm a little concerned with the speed at which the homepage loads.

I've ran Google Page Speed and it suggests Deferring the Parsing of Javascript elements, but I have no idea what that means or how to do it.

How would you go about speeding the site up, especially when viewed on a mobile device?

Many thanks,

HT

Edited by hindu times

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Derek_3

How would you go about speeding the site up, especially when viewed on a mobile device?

@hindu times

You need to cache the webpage and compression the files then the website will load things smoothly and quickly

Edited by LastMitch

Ok that's great, thanks.

My web host suggests that I don't need to worry about caching or enabling compression on the server unless I'm getting a lot of traffic (which I'm not, yet).

Would you agree with that?

My web host suggests that I don't need to worry about caching or enabling compression on the server unless I'm getting a lot of traffic (which I'm not, yet).

@hindu times

It's really depend on you, rather you want caching or enabling compression code on your website.

Having caching or enabling compression is an option if you want it.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.