so i have this divs that overflow when i type something repetitive like hahahahha or lalalal i was wondering if theres a solution for this problem? i know i can put overflow:hidden or auto; but id like to know if theres a solution :P

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Provide a sample if the code you are working with.

What kind of solution are you looking for? How do you want it to behave when you type repetitive characters?

you could try setting a max-height or min-height to your parent div.

Provide a sample if the code you are working with.

What kind of solution are you looking for? How do you want it to behave when you type repetitive characters

you could try setting a max-height or min-height to your parent div.

<DIV STYLE="WIDTH:200PX;HEIGHT:AUTO;BORDER:1PX SOLID BLACK;MARGIN:20PX;">
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAOVERFLOWS
</DIV>

SAME DIV BUT TYPING WIDTH SPACES AND NORMAL DOESNT OVERFLOW
</DIV>

screenshot below, thanks

Ok, see with the example code and pictures, it makes it a lot easier to understand what you are asking, at least i think i understand.

What you are saying is that you would like the content in the first div to fit within the div element like in the second div example. If that is the case, just use the word-wrap property.

<DIV STYLE="WIDTH:200PX;HEIGHT:AUTO;BORDER:1PX SOLID BLACK;MARGIN:20PX;word-wrap:break-word;">
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAOVERFLOWS
</DIV>
    SAME DIV BUT TYPING WIDTH SPACES AND NORMAL DOESNT OVERFLOW
</DIV>

Ok, see with the example code and pictures, it makes it a lot easier to understand what you are asking, at least i think i understand.

Thanks jorge that seems to work :) very much thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.