What according to you is the best way to get noticed and get stuck in people’s mind? Is less really more or is big, loud and busy the way to leave your impression on people’s mind? Discover it yourself by exploring the beauty of the two extremes of web designing - Minimalism and Maximalism.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It depends who your target audience is. Each one gives the end user a different user experience, may evoke different emotions, and may subconsciously influence how the end user perceives and uses your site.

On a platform being used to accomplish business goals, I would argue that less is more, because people just need to use the platform to get the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible.

On a consumer focused web magazine, on the other hand, sometimes it can be a good idea to get the end user excited and absorbed in.

Just remember not to give the end user too many places to go or they’ll become overwhelmed. Never more than 3 calls to action at a time.

Minimalism is all about clean lines, empty spaces, plain colors and patterns, the ridding of clutter, the clearing of surfaces and the simplicity of having only what is necessary.
Maximalism, while being completely the opposite to the minimalist style, isn’t necessarily about clutter or excess.

I think minimalism and trust is the best way to work!
You need to be friends with your clients.

I also think that minimalism is better

Nice post

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.