Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by DaveSW

If you do use set width to 780 or less (it gives spac for the scroll par in 800x600 resolution)

Usually I design liquid layouts, but when doing fixed width, I always make them 780px wide or less, to account for scroll bars, etc.

I code for every resolution, if its a fixed width 760px.

Just code to the standards and keep the little guy in mind and you will be fine :)

Use percentage values to define the height and width of anything, this way it should look great across all platforms and browsers. Also, the very best way to layout a web page, if you want it to be viewable across all browsers is using css, it is soooo good for compatability, tables aren't a great way to lay out as some of it isn't valid html 4.0

CSS for everything other than tabular data. I design for 800x600 but keep in mind most of my visitors use 1024x768. I use fixed height and percentage widths ;)

Thank you so much for sharing that URL. I just checked it out and it's really great. I might even use it myself to make all of DaniWeb CSS friendly!

Gotcha, thanks for the replies. I usually with html do 100% width's on tables, etc, and flash usually 760 just wondering what everyone else did, thanks.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.