I have this nasty line on my ipod everytime the backlight is on...
i dont even know how it got there? Is there something i can
do to fix this?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

A lot of places do Ipod repair, or you can try it yourself if you're comfortable taking your player apart.

I know that on laptop and desktop LCDs (not very common on desktops because of design) lines are usually a result of a defective cable between the controller and screen. I'd imagine that's the case here as well.

Its damaged by pressure or water i had it on a phone before, no way to fix it really

A screen issue can always be fixed if you have the proper replacement parts. It will probably come down to replacement of the screen, the backlight, the connecting cords, or any combination there of. If she's not comfortable doing this himself the options come down to living with it, or paying somebody to fix it.

thanks for the info guys... i dont wanna open up my ipod and add more lines into the screen. i guess i just have to live with it...

It's worth adding that if your iPod refuses to go into Disk Mode and you hear a noticeable clicking sound the problem might just be corrosion on the HDD cable and will need cleaned periodically.

ipod screen repair

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.