I'm the student of computer systems engineering. I have to submit my proposal on 10th april. My teachers Have recommend me to design a RFID Based Attendance system for the university with graphical interface in a TABLET PC. (android)

Can anyone elaborate the following concepts for me?

1. What hardware i will use , and what hardware i will have to design for it?
  2. Why we are using the tablet PC for this purpose? how ever we can do this alone with a rfid reader?
  3. What will be the major benefits of this project by using an android technology here?

my teacher have asked me to google the several questions like that i have found the answers of alot of them..
these questions are yet to be answered!

Kindly help me out as soon as possible ...
i have to give the presentation for this project thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Refuse to develop such an intrusive system that will track students by RFID on security concerns. 
"Psst, hey Jimmy, I want to skip this period, carry my rfid card into class for me please."

1 - At least an rfid reader/scanner and host to run it's software. 
2 - Why a tablet, because it's cool and hip and the latest thing...   Honestly, I have no idea.  Any device that can read a report generated by the host is fine. 
3 - How many tablets are going to review the data??  ?    It's really just attendence data collected by the host and some client will query the report. 

i m using only one tablet here for the UI...
but cant we add some security tips in it to stop proxy attendences?

Like what, 2 factor authentication? Rfid and a passcode? CAn you imagine the line of students to get into a lecture hall when 1 forgets his pin and needs a reset?

hey the code will be embedded in the rfid card... they will only swap it on the rfid reader it will sense it and update the data in the database... automatically using the software!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.