My computer is about 8 years old and I have recently started playing World of Warcraft. Being the giant game that WoW is, my computer cannot handle the game and usually doesn't run over 10 fps. Since it is such a big problem I decided I'm going to buy a new video card, the only problem being I don't know what would be compatible with my computer since it is so old. My system model is MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD, and my operating system is Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600), and the video card that came with the system (the one that I still have installed) is NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400. So I was wondering if a video card like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150247
would be compatible with my ancient computer. If it isn't could you please maybe give me some suggestions as to what video card I could buy that is more of a computer gaming video card.
Thank You

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

you need to find out whetheryour pc has an AGP or PCi Express slot first. That card is PCI express but your pc is probably AGP (better check though) - also your PC probably doesnt have a big enough Power Supply to run that card.

I have 6 PCI slots 3 of which are filled. How would I know if my Power Supply is big enough to run it?

PCI is not the same as PCI Express. They will not fit in eachothers slots.

yeah but its not very good

you need to find out what slot type you have. check your manuals.

a power rating below 300W will not run the card you are expecting to put in your PC. so don't forget to check the wattage on you present power supply. Also if the power supply does not have the PCi Express power connection your card would not work efficiently.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.