I changed my laptop screen but when i put new screen its gone very dull and dark. I can see the desktop and icons on it.but its very dark. please tell me what would be the problem and how can i fix it? help me in this regard.thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I changed my laptop screen but when i put new screen its gone very dull and dark. I can see the desktop and icons on it.but its very dark. please tell me what would be the problem and how can i fix it? help me in this regard.thanks

make and model of laptop!!????

what was wrong with old screen ????

make and model of laptop!!????

what was wrong with old screen ????

sorry the laptop is acer aspire 1680 and old screen was broken.

sorry the laptop is acer aspire 1680 and old screen was broken.

by broken do you mean cracked ,or just broken not working nothing showing on it ,anyway sounds like the backlite or inverter might be the problem .is the new one brand new or a working secondhand one .from somewhere like e-bay .feel free to explain the problem with the old one a little more .
new one on ebay=
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ACER-ASPIRE-1680-15.4%22-WXGA-GLOSSY-LCD-SCREEN_W0QQitemZ130206921883QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL0803181318a19238

Yes old one is cracked and bought new from ebay, but it says brand new not second hand.

Seems to me it would be either defective or you need to double check all your connection to the lcd .
usually when you can see the desktop but its dark its a problem with the back light

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.