Any one can help me with why a new Power Supply will not even power on. It is a Kingwin with PCI-X, Sata and all the seperate connections. I can not figuer out why it will not at least power up. I have always used Antecs. The configuration is different as to were the cabels go compared to an Antex. Thank You

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have you looked here: Kingwin
It sounds like the cabling could be confusing.

Any one can help me with why a new Power Supply will not even power on. It is a Kingwin with PCI-X, Sata and all the seperate connections. I can not figuer out why it will not at least power up. I have always used Antecs. The configuration is different as to were the cabels go compared to an Antex. Thank You

Thanks, I was so out of it last night I did not even think about going to their web site. However the model I am talking about is the 520W. It looks more like an antec when you compare the plugs. What gets me is the other ports`are marked as Com 1, com2, and so on. I know I am missing somthing because the board is an asus and has` the LED indicator light and it does`glow? So what am I missing i looked at the 520W at the`site you posted. Still does not anwser my question. Matbe I will go back to my wholesaler. Thank you for your help. Diane

maybe it's not the power supply but the configuration of the power panel on the mother board. are you certain that the connection are in the correct place, positive to + and negative to -, does the power connection to the mother board fits correctly and not crossed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.