hey i was wondering does anyone know of a good intel chip set i'm current using a intel 845.

i'm building a new computer and i'm not sure yet on what chipset to put so on the motherboard that i havent chosen yet.

any ideas would be great i will be posting states of the pc i intend to build soon.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

fakespike, I would consider going to AMD processors. You will save money, and the floating point math is about 1.8 times faster than an Intel CPU of the same speed. If you want to know about the Intel chipsets, they have lots of information at www.intel.com if you will surf the site.

[edit] Here are the chipsets.[/edit]

i would say an amd processor and if you have that money a Zenith Chaintech 7NJS motherboard.
it is the best in my opinion and really fast

I own an Athlon 1700+ (that's 1.47GHz) overclocked to 2.2GHz seated in an Epox 8RDA+.

The hottest thing going currently however is an Athlon Barton core 2500+ paired with any nForce2 based board.

But if you're stuck on Intel, an Abit IS7 (I think that's the model) is the way to go.

No the hottest thing going Is insinde cheyenne Mountain at NORAD

No the hottest thing going Is insinde cheyenne Mountain at NORAD

Actually, I'd love to see the "ISP" that the PRoC has.

While I'm sure the DoD has some serious computing power, I doubt the average user would be able to get a handle on the hardware.

While I'm sure the DoD has some serious computing power,

WOW!!! Talk about a understatement........Try the best in the world kid we spare no exspense.(Even though the Japanese claim to have the fastest what a joke :lol: )

WOW!!! Talk
about a understatement........Try the best in the world kid we spare no exspense.(Even though the Japanese claim to have the fastest what a joke :lol: )

It took you a month to come up with that flame?

You're losing your touch.

It wasnt a flame take it how you want to.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.