...the only problem I have with it is that it doesn't always restart. I have to physically turn off the CPU if I want to reboot, otherwise it'll freeze when it goes through the startup cycle. Even/if I turn it on for the first time sometimes it will do the same thing. I end up having to push the reset button 4 or 5 times to get it to go all the way through to the Windows log-on screen...can anyone help?

My dream system (which I am very proud of and cost me less than $800 and 2 months to assemble :^) :

Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon XP 2500+, 333FSB
ABit KD7-S Motherboard w/ integrated 5.1 Surround Sound
1 80 GB Serial ATA 7200 RPM HardDrive
1 salvaged 15GB 5400 RPM Generic HardDrive
512 MB PC333 RAM
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro (Very hard to find being that it was/discontinued)
Generic ATX case custom-fitted with 3 additional case fans (2 side intakes, 1 blowhole)

Also, does anyone know the most efficient air-flow strategy for a computer case? The Athlons run a little hot and I play alot of computer games.

14 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by darkshadow

Well I'm not sure about the restarting thing but the most efficient airflow is ideally having air enter from the bottom-front of your case and exiting at the rear beside the processor, also if you are having heat problems you might consider buying a better heatsink and cooling fan, and if that doesn't work even consider maybe water cooling or thermo-electric cooling.

yeah amd's do run little hot the fan that come with the cpu only keeps the temps at standerd. i got a thermaltake valcano 9 and it great it keeps it cool when i had the standerd fan on i got 50c on my cpu temps and when i got the thermaltake valcano 9 my temps on my cpu where 39c. if you are looking for a fan cooler get the valcano 9 but if you have the money get the water cooled system but that is alot more money.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.