...the only problem I have with it is that it doesn't always restart. I have to physically turn off the CPU if I want to reboot, otherwise it'll freeze when it goes through the startup cycle. Even/if I turn it on for the first time sometimes it will do the same thing. I end up having to push the reset button 4 or 5 times to get it to go all the way through to the Windows log-on screen...can anyone help?

My dream system (which I am very proud of and cost me less than $800 and 2 months to assemble :^) :

Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon XP 2500+, 333FSB
ABit KD7-S Motherboard w/ integrated 5.1 Surround Sound
1 80 GB Serial ATA 7200 RPM HardDrive
1 salvaged 15GB 5400 RPM Generic HardDrive
512 MB PC333 RAM
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro (Very hard to find being that it was/discontinued)
Generic ATX case custom-fitted with 3 additional case fans (2 side intakes, 1 blowhole)

Also, does anyone know the most efficient air-flow strategy for a computer case? The Athlons run a little hot and I play alot of computer games.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Well I'm not sure about the restarting thing but the most efficient airflow is ideally having air enter from the bottom-front of your case and exiting at the rear beside the processor, also if you are having heat problems you might consider buying a better heatsink and cooling fan, and if that doesn't work even consider maybe water cooling or thermo-electric cooling.

yeah amd's do run little hot the fan that come with the cpu only keeps the temps at standerd. i got a thermaltake valcano 9 and it great it keeps it cool when i had the standerd fan on i got 50c on my cpu temps and when i got the thermaltake valcano 9 my temps on my cpu where 39c. if you are looking for a fan cooler get the valcano 9 but if you have the money get the water cooled system but that is alot more money.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.