I own an IBM Thinkpad but I'm not sure the exact model #, and I am running Windows XP Pro. When I start it up, i get the battery light, and the light to the left of it, but the screen does absolutely nothing. If I try to open the disc drive, it blinks, but does not open and will continue to blink until I shut it off. Any ideas to why this is caused?

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by forumdude123

how old is it? if more than 3 years, then it may be a burn out in the screen, or some sort of bios/hardware failure.

did u install any new hardware?
did u install any bios updates?
how about windows updates?
what about programs?

i believe it is older than 3 years, and nothing new was added, nothing old was erased, it just suddenly shut down. If I were to take it to a computer repair shop could they fix the screen if it IS burned out, and how much would that average in cost?
Thanks for the help!

that will cost from 150.00-500.00 depending on the repairmen. My advice is to get a better pc, a $400 acer laptop, and use the old hard disk (or transfer the data via ghosting software). It's a whole lot better than spending a lot of money just for a screen on a laptop older than 3 years. Most older laptops' life span is 2-5 years average, and the better thing to do is replace it (while keeping your data) before everything else in it starts to die.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.