greetings!

i just bought a new samsung 320gb 3.0gb/s HDD. unfortunately, i didn't know that my MB only supported SATA-I. i connected the HDD to 2nd sata(primary) slot, turned on my computer, but when i checked my bios it said that it didn't detect any hard drive. so i placed the jumper so that it would run in the 1.5gb/s mode, but it still wasn't detected. i've been trying to look for an answer to my problem for the past few days, but i still can't find anything. can someone please help me? thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Double check the jumper configuration, I've done this with dozens of SATA-II drives and it's always worked. You might also want to check the cables and ports incase that's the problem because a properly jumpered SATA-II drive shouldn't have any compatibility issues.

Double check the jumper configuration, I've done this with dozens of SATA-II drives and it's always worked. You might also want to check the cables and ports incase that's the problem because a properly jumpered SATA-II drive shouldn't have any compatibility issues.

i've checked the jumper configuration. this is what i did, http://www.samsung.com/global/system/business/hdd/faq/2007/6/28/40395620051216154941_SATAspeedselectionjumper.jpg . hmm..well i guess i can try that too..

hmm..still nothing..i even tried slipstreaming the SATA drivers for my motherboard, but even the win xp installation can't detect the HDD. so yeah, BIOS and Win XP aren't detecting the HDD.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.