Hi,

I get two long alternating beeps when I power up my pc Boot up does not start. Happened about 6 months ago and then it started up ok. Please advise.

Thanks,
Joe

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,

I get two long alternating beeps when I power up my pc Boot up does not start. Happened about 6 months ago and then it started up ok. Please advise.

Thanks,
Joe

is the computer working

what BIOS do you have

if you are having a problem with the computer be specific about what is happening.

hi, this error beep sounds like a RAM error. (most mobos have long beeps for ram errors)

what BIOS is your motherboard using?

can you get into the operating system?

but then again have you checked to see if the fans are working?

my motherboard alerts me with 2 long error beeps if one of the fans isn't working, another short beep for a temperature error and if not handled appropriately, a blue screen of death.

joytech22,

Thanks for the response. I have Phoenix Technologies bios. Cannot get into the operating system - no boot at all.

Put in a new mobo [Northbridge] fan.
Reset cpu
reset ram [removed on stick] and aternated
reset video card
reset mobo battery - checked ok with battery tester

Abit beep code:
A two-tone siren, generally caused by overheating or out of specification voltages.

Thanks,
Joe

how old is the mobo?

does it have solid-state capacitors?

Hi joytech,

Just bought a new mobo to solve the problem.

Thanks,
Joe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.