My laptop has a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. A few days ago, however, it started displaying at 640 x 480. I've tried changing the screen area in the Display Properties dialog box to no avail. It keeps coming back to the 640 x 480 setting. Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What video card are you using? Do you have the latest video card drivers? This just started after ... what happened? ;)

Are you changing your res on ROOT or LIMITED change it on ROOT

Does any one know how to fix this problem
I had set a pic to my desktop and changed the resolution. (I right clicked on my desktop and video modes came up i changed the numbers- not very smart)
Now all my pics are blurry. I tryed to go to my control panel but it says " windows can not access the specified path, device or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. " can anyone help me i am not very good at computer stuff
Please help me
thanks sandy

Does any one know how to fix this problem
I had set a pic to my desktop and changed the resolution. (I right clicked on my desktop and video modes came up i changed the numbers- not very smart)
Now all my pics are blurry. I tryed to go to my control panel but it says " windows can not access the specified path, device or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Assuming that you are using Windows 2000 or XP, you must be logged in as Administrator (also known as root) to access those settings. A long-term solution is to use the MultiRes video resolution changer to allow you to change screen resolution, refresh rate, and color depth on-the-fly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.