I was given a laptop from a friend and it is in great shape. But when it powers on, after it does it's memory tests, it says "External Cache: Not Found" and it just sits there. I've looked around in CMOS and there isnt anything about disabling the external cache. Yes it does have memory. In CMOS it says it has 32728 KB of memory.

Any idea what i could do to fix this?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I was given a laptop from a friend and it is in great shape. But when it powers on, after it does it's memory tests, it says "External Cache: Not Found" and it just sits there. I've looked around in CMOS and there isnt anything about disabling the external cache. Yes it does have memory. In CMOS it says it has 32728 KB of memory.

Brand? Model? Which processor? It seems like there's a mismatch between the BIOS settings and the actual hardware configuration, but more information is needed.

Note that the cache size jumpers must be set properly for the cache to work correctly

Its an HP Omnibook 2000 laptop. And i finally bought an internal a: drive for it so when i use the win 98 startup disk, it boots to the command prompt. The only problem is that when i have the a drive in, the cd rom drive is out and the startup disk doesnt load any CD rom drivers. I copied the contents of the startup disk to a folder and i was trying to load a CD rom driver myself using MSCDEX but i just cant get it working.

Any ideas?

Its an HP Omnibook 2000 laptop. And i finally bought an internal a: drive for it so when i use the win 98 startup disk, it boots to the command prompt. The only problem is that when i have the a drive in, the cd rom drive is out and the startup disk doesnt load any CD rom drivers. I copied the contents of the startup disk to a folder and i was trying to load a CD rom driver myself using MSCDEX but i just cant get it working.

Any ideas?

Download a boot disk from www.bootdisk.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.