I just had the power fflip off then back on. When the power came back on I could not boot up my laptop. I have power to the ac adaptor or at least the green light is on. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Unplug it completely and let it sit a few mins. Plug it back in and see if it will boot. Any lights, noises, anything else?

Nothing!!!!!!!

so you cant see anything on the screen? do you know to flash the BIOS.if you know how do that for troubleshooting

I have no clue how to flash the BIOS can you tell me how?

so you cant see anything on the screen? do you know to flash the BIOS.if you know how do that for troubleshooting

flashing bios is not for troubleshooting ,updating bios is only recommended if the new bios info has a fix for a problem you are having ,not the problem you have right now .
maybe going into the bios/setup on bootup,usuall by hitting the f2 or f11/f12 on a dell laptop . and setting bios to defaults will help you now ,but don't try a Flash ,in my opinion

Unplug it completely and let it sit a few mins. Plug it back in and see if it will boot. Any lights, noises, anything else?

was the laptop plugged into a seruge bar or directly into wall outlet when the power went out ,
try removing the battery for a bit and then put it back in and then plug it back into outlet

flashing bios is not for troubleshooting

does it really matter in how I say it...I just want his machine to work.

yup ,does to me ,means a lot

yup ,does to me ,means a lot
flashing bios isn't recommended unless you know it fixes some issue you are having !

Ill keep that in mind for when I want to post you something.accuracy.

Ill keep that in mind for when I want to post you something.accuracy.

Whatever!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.