I have been having some serious problems with my PC over the past week or so.
Please have a look at this thread which will explain my initial problem: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread167352.html
After replacing the power supply, which appeared to be causing the problem my PC seemed to work again. I backed up all my data incase anything happened again. My computer stayed on for about 12 hours doing this. That was yesterday, and today I turned my computer on again and it has died again :( and won't turn back on - not even for a milisecond like it did before.
I am starting to think it isn't the power supply that is the main problem. Anybody got any ideas? I would really appreciate your support on this. I don't post many problems on Daniweb (and contribute to other alot) but this one has really got me!
My ideas are:
- The PC could have blown the power supply but I don't know why it would do that all of a sudden?
- Something may be overheating but nothing feels hot when I open it up, so could something on the motherboard be sending a false message?
- Could the new power supply be completely faulty and blown the power supply connection to the motherboard?
This is my PC's spec:
* Pentium 4 - 3.6ghz (with hyperthreading)
* 4 Gig of ram
* two 200gb hard disks
* DVD writer and Cd Writer (2 drives)
* Creative Audigy 2 Platinum sound card
* Nvidia 6600GT graphics card
* Power Suppy: Suntek st350bkp
* It's running Windows XP media center (although it doesn't get that far before the problem starts).
Thank you in advance.