Okay I left my computer on pretty long last night, I have an Antec 900 case though so it shouldn't be problem (I hoped)

This morning i go to turn on my computer and the lights and fans turn on for a second and then it powers down. Nothing comes on. I click the power button again and nothing happens. If I turn off the power supply via the switch in the back for a few minutes, and then turn it back on and pus hthe power button, same thing, the lights will flash but thats it.

This is a recently bought case, not even a year old yet,
4gb ram,
AMD phenom 9600, Gigabyte mobo (dont know exact)
and a 750 watt PC and Power PSU

anybody have any ideas why?
it did this about a week ago and we worked on it for a few days and all of a sudden it started working for no reason. leads me to believe maybe something in the PSU is overheating or something?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I dont think it ll be an overheating issue, specially when you just hit the power button after the machine was shut down. Even with the heatsink the cpu could be turned on for at least 30 seconds before any real damage would occur. But your system powers down straightaway as soon as it is switched on. SO i think it could be something getting short on the PSU which in turns cuts the power to the system or the mobo that might be bad.

Raj

please check with nearly to your hardware to your system

I think it's problem major

I dont think it ll be an overheating issue, specially when you just hit the power button after the machine was shut down. Even with the heatsink the cpu could be turned on for at least 30 seconds before any real damage would occur. But your system powers down straightaway as soon as it is switched on. SO i think it could be something getting short on the PSU which in turns cuts the power to the system or the mobo that might be bad.

Raj

I believe its the mobo as well. We tested the PSU in another comp and it worked like a charm.

Have you been able to test other components as well mate, you know just to be on safe side. It would be better to know that you would have some minor component damaged than the mobo. Hope it does not hit you too hard but thats the way it is with these things man. Anyways good luck with it and do come back with any feedback or any doubts.

Raj

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.