Hello everyone. I currently have a Dell Dimension 3000 that I've had for about 3 or 4 years. This computer has been fine, up until about 2 months ago. Every once and a while when I go to my web browser (Mozilla Firefox) I open a page and browse the internet. Sometimes when I minimize the screen, or even exit the screen, the computer will freeze. Then my computers shuts down. It doesn't like say "Windows is logging off..." or whatever. It just shuts down, my whole computer turns off, and then turns back on. I don't understand the problem. This is an occasional problem but it is really starting to get on my nerves. Especially if I actually need the computer at the time. And since its a fairly old computer, it takes like 10 minutes to load the computer. Sometimes even my mouse will start lagging up and start skipping all over the screen.

Things I've tried :

Talking to dell support, they say my warranty has expired and they cant help me. They say it might be a virus problem. I scan for viruses, nothing comes up.

I tried restoring my computer to like 6 months ago. That didn't work, it still did the same thing. I also tried deleting any programs and things that I recently downloaded since this started happening.

Nothing comes up, please someone help me. Even tiny suggestions will help, I'll do anything to get rid of this problem.

Thanks, Jordan

Dear Jordan,
it is very strange problem i have not face before but i think it could be solve.

first of all make sure you have 2 CDs
- driver CD for your PC
- Clean Windows Bootable CD for Windows Installation.
then make this steps:

1- format your Hard desk.
2- install windows XP.
3- download anti virus like AVG free, and install it. before opening any folders or partitions
4- download FireFox 3 and try to use internet.

hope this could help you
Best Regards,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.