I work at home , but sometimes , i need go to my company to finish my work.however,the data and favorites software are all at home,sometimes i need to purchase the same software which i have at home. What should i do?Hope someone help.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

It depends on what software you're talking about and what you need to do with it. Can you give us specific examples of the programs you need to use?

Some software can be used off of a flash drive, most can't but it's worth looking into.

What reasons do you need to be at the office, do you need to be working on a computer they have there, or do you just need to be in the office? If the computer is irrelevant you can use remote desktop software to access your home computer from a terminal at work. You could also consider switching entirely to a laptop that you could bring with you.

If the reason you come in is that you need to use features of the network there (access files, network printing, ect,...) you could use VPN to connect your home system to that network and access the features you need remotely.

The third option is that you could use remote desktop to log into your work computer from home. This way you can do all your work on it from home, and when you go into the office it's there.

Give us some more specific info about what you need to take with you, and why you need to go into the office. I'm sure we can come up with a solution for you.

Depending on how your network security is set up you can also use a VPN connection to take control of your home or work PC remotely.

Another way to do this is to get an NoteBook! And use it at work and home as well, having always your favorite programs with you!
Of course,you can use portable applications,such as portableapps, prayaya v3.you can Create your own portable personal virtual workspace on portable storage devices and install your favorite program on this platform. The coolest part about it, is that all of your data and settings are always stored on a USB flash drive .

It depends on what software you're talking about and what you need to do with it. Can you give us specific examples of the programs you need to use?

Some software can be used off of a flash drive, most can't but it's worth looking into.

What reasons do you need to be at the office, do you need to be working on a computer they have there, or do you just need to be in the office? If the computer is irrelevant you can use remote desktop software to access your home computer from a terminal at work. You could also consider switching entirely to a laptop that you could bring with you.

If the reason you come in is that you need to use features of the network there (access files, network printing, ect,...) you could use VPN to connect your home system to that network and access the features you need remotely.

The third option is that you could use remote desktop to log into your work computer from home. This way you can do all your work on it from home, and when you go into the office it's there.

Give us some more specific info about what you need to take with you, and why you need to go into the office. I'm sure we can come up with a solution for you.

Usually, I need adobe photoshop, adobe dreamweaver , hava found some portable editions,but when they work on USB drive , it seems slow.

Now , i am trying portable prayaya and portableapps, i do not like carry a laptop with me ,mebe take a usb drive is free to me.

Depending on how your network security is set up you can also use a VPN connection to take control of your home or work PC remotely.

Another way to do this is to get an NoteBook! And use it at work and home as well, having always your favorite programs with you!
Of course,you can use portable applications,such as portableapps, prayaya v3.you can Create your own portable personal virtual workspace on portable storage devices and install your favorite program on this platform. The coolest part about it, is that all of your data and settings are always stored on a USB flash drive .

I am trying the prayaya v3 ,hope my laptop can be superseded by this Utilities

This is going to be a little tricky, Photoshop and dreamweaver aren't great programs to use over remote desktop because you get a lot of lag running the connection at that high color quality. It can be done, but it will be choppy.

Most programs are more sluggish off of a flash drive, the data transfer rate is shorter, so any program too big to load entirely into ram will suffer.

You could try installing the portable versions on an external hard drive rather than a flash drive. The data transfer speed is much faster so it should run almost as fast as if it were installed natively, and give you more room to store data files.

if its license programs just buy another license for all your programs and install it that way on your work machine(I dont do that though)
-Remote desktop is another good access method
-If its freeware you can just download and install from work

The specific software is very expensive and graphically intensive. Which makes a second license unapealing and remote desktop difficult. I wouldn't want to try to do professional level photoshop on a rmote desktop connection.

remote desktop sure isnt that bad to setup if thats what you mean you at the right place to get youreself up and running if you need help with that.Thats if the physical connection is already there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.