Corno1 0 Newbie Poster

Hey everyone.

I've gotten some great help before, and this community is fantastic!!

But now I have another problem.

A week ago I installed a floppy drive on my machine - or, at least, got a floppy drive to read and transfer files (maybe I didn't install correctly?). Anyway, all I did was hook it up to the motherboard and power, and start using it - I didn't bother with any boot-up or CMOS stuff.

Now, however, my computer is randomly freezing with no error messages. It happens at random, sometimes the computer running for long stretches, other times shorts ones. I did memtest86+ and the results were normal. I don't have any viruses to my knowledge and spyware is taken care of.

I just tried resetting the CMOS (moving the piece on the motherboard to the other location for a few seconds and then moving it back) but that didn't work.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 3700+, 1gb mem, XP, and an Asus Abit AV8 MB.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your time!

(I hope this is in the right spot - it's not a random restart, but it makes me randomly restart the computer from the freeze. If this needs to be in another spot, then I'm sorry, and could it be moved? Thanks)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.