I own a dell latitude d600 with windows xp pro. On startup it takes me to a screen for selecting how to start windows, regardless of my selection the computer reboots. An error message does appear, but only briefly. I do not know what this message says because it does not stay long enough to even read any word. I have tried the troubleshooting on the dell website and although insightful it has been no help. I bought this laptop 1 week ago!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi
Do a checkdsk by slaving youre drive in another machine or out of recovery console. should atleast help you to get into windows.If that fails reset your BIOS thru removing your cmos for a hour or two

What? LOL.. I am sorry but I am not sure what a cmos is or anything. I have never dealt with a laptop before and I have no clue what I am doing? Is there anywhere that I can have more details about how to do these processes?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.