ghostnotes 0 Newbie Poster

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I have an ASUS Commando as my motherboard with Intel Quad Core 2 Duo, ATI X1950 graphics card, and a Kingston 2 GB 667 Ram running Windows XP Pro. Before, everything was running perfectly until everything went nuts. I haven't done any modifications yet with the boards system bios. The problem with my pc now is that when it is turned on, it stays turned on but is not able to boot to windows. After a series of troubleshooting I did i.e. refitting the parts on the pc, it was able to boot but displayed a prompt message indicating that "Overclocking Fail" and there are options like press F1 to enter setup and press F2 if you want to restore default settings. I don't know anything about overclocking and those stuffs so I just pressed F2. So I was able to boot to windows properly and successfully. However, this morning I tried to turn on my desktop again but the same problem occurred and ever since, I am no longer able to boot to windows. My LCD monitor just displays blank screen. My desktop is fairly new since it is less that a year since I assembled it. My assumption is I need to get a more powerful power supply like enermax galaxy with 1000W or change my memory ram to a more branded one like Corsairs Dominator and up it to let's say 4gb or 8gb full. Another noticeable thing about my desktop is that there are times when the power is not stable. When the screen displays nothing and the desktop is turned on, the desktop sometimes turns on and turns off then turns on again on its own and the cycle continues till the power is stable and the desktop is steadily turned on with the screen displaying blank. It's more like starting a car that has a difficulty getting started and after several starts, it is finally turned on. However, the desktop still cannot boot to windows and the screen display is just plain black.

Hope I'm able to explain properly my problem

Thanks!