Hi, folks. I'm obviously new here, but I've read through some posts, and you all look like you know what you're doing. :D

I was hoping that someone could give me a little advice. I just bought a new laptop on Ebay (you can see it at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3435098170&category=42198&rd=1 )

I think I got a pretty good deal, but I didn't notice til after I bought it that it has a "circle defect" in the LCD screen. Totally my fault for not paying closer attention to the details in the listing, but anyway...

I'm not sure if this is something that is repairable or not. If it is, is it something I can do myself? I've installed a DVD drive, and memory in my own computer before with no problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ginny

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hmm ... I checked the ebay pictures and that circle doesn't look very good at all. Does the picture within the circle appear dimmed, etc? It looks almost like a water stain!

I'm not sure. I haven't actually received the laptop yet. I'm trying to find out how/where/if I can get it fixed before it gets here, so I can take care of it when I get it.

I think that's a good deal, even with the circle. Maybe you shold search eBay for a parts unit with a good LCD of the same model laptop. that way you will have spares of other parts as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.