I truly hope someone can help.

I recently purchased a brand new LG L227WTG-PF 22" Widescreen LCD. The colors and sharpness are amazing, and I am very happy with the new monitor except for some noticeable flicker. This appears as rolling lines from top to bottom of the screen. Well, they were at first anyway.

I am running this on an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5313A. I'm running Vista, SP1 on an AMD Phenom X4 9500(2.2GHz) with 3GB DDR2, chipset AMD 690G, and the video card is ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO 256MB.

After noticing the monitor flicker at the preferred setting of 1680 x 1050 at 60hz, I uninstalled both the ATI Catylyst and drivers and the LG driver. I updated both with newest manufacturer releases. After doing this, the lines didn't go away or get worse - they changed direction and now roll from the bottom of the screen to the top. Good grief!

Vista lists the monitor as LG227W (not sure this matters because it looks like all in that series utilize the same driver) and I can't change the refresh rate from its current 60hz.

Oddly, I don't see the lines present while playing DVD videos or games. Perhaps it just isn't as noticeable on darker backgrounds as compared to reading a website.

Any ideas how I can make them go away?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try switching the refresh rate to 75 Hz.

I wish I could, at the current (preferred setting) 75hz is not showing as an option.

Your display is capable of 75Hz refresh rate. If it is not shown as an option, then it looks like you have corrupt EDID (it is sort of firmware for displays). If it is a new one I suggest that you use the warranty, since it is in need of servicing.

If the warranty expired, you can flash the EDID yourself, but it is a tricky thing, especially finding EDID that matches yours.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.