Today morning my friend tried to start her laptop(Acer Aspire 5100) and it did not bootup it just showed black screen with power light on...the keyboard also was not active.
She did not know how to switch it off so she disconnected the power and then removed the battery then put the battery back and tried again..
now the laptop did boot and windows vista started and then after a min. it shows a blue screen with some white spaces and then restarts.
Then I tried to start it again in safe mode there also it stayed for a while but it again restarts.
now one of the following 3 things were happenning at random:
1. it shows black screen and does not boot up
2. it boots up starts vista and then in a min blue screen with white spaces and restarts
3. it boots up in safe mode - there sometimes it stays for a while while other times it again restarts automatically.
I tried two things:
1. windows restore ...it could finish it but still the same problem continues
2. windows memory check (this option comes before the bootup)...it finished and said there seems to be some harware problems.
What do you think - is it a memory problem or motherboard/harddrive problem.....if it is just memory problem...she will buy it and put a new memory otherwise she will send it to acer to get it fixed (its still under warranty).