I am running windows xp /sp 2, athalonxp 2000+ cpu, 512meg ram, My mouse just stopped working. It dosnt even show up in device manager. I tried reinstalling chipset drivers, the os , everything I could think of and nothing will bring back my mouse. I checked my bios and there are no options to turn off serial devices. I tried a ps2 mouse. Nothing works..............HELP!!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Im pretty sure its system bio's. Boot up and hold DEL, then go in to mouse config (or what ever yours is labled) and looka round, for read etc etc, Its pretty simple to desipher it, just need to take the time to look over everything in there, also MS, and Nix can run fully with out a mouse, just a bit more work to it!

Its not the bios. Ive tried it

Hey man, it seems both types of mice (the only ones that have ever been created) do not work on your pc. Try getting a very standard older mouse anmd trying that), for the else part im very unsure.

I count three types of mice...
9 pin serial...
Round PS2
Flat USB

Did you try using a USB mouse...

I dont know of any system that does NOT allow you to turn the serial ports on and off...

I was talking more literal though. I dont know of many who use 9 pin. And yes the usb should work. If not you need to either look to a reformat, or calling the company.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.