I have an older Dell Inspiron 2600. I'm try to get it fixed back up for basic internet and word processing use. Sometimes when it is plugged in with the A/C adapter, it will start up fine. Then after a few minutes, all of a sudden, the screen goes black. I can still see the green power lights are on on the front of the laptop (I'm obviously using a different computer to post this). But more often then not, when I attempt to turn the computer on, I hear the computer come on, but nothing comes up on the screen, and the computer goes quiet and the screen stays off after a few seconds. I can still see a couple green lights on on the front of the laptop. Is this some type of inverter problem? If it was something like this I could easily get a replacement on ebay for about $13. Is is some type of internal power problem? Any clue?

Any help is certainly appreciated!

Is there any HD activity after that blackout?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.