Hi
Any advice welcome........

I fitted a second hard drive (80GB Western Digital) to my G4 (400Mhz) few months back, running on O.S 9.2.2

I've been using it to store my albums of digi pix on. and recently my son started creating imovies on it.

It has now crashed completely - the screen icon has vanished and on reboot it's asking to be initialized again - which I have NOT done!

Apple disk aid is no use - just states the disk is not mounted - and again I have NOT verified it.

What are my options short of paying a lot of cash to a rescue company - I must have the pix - they are irreplaceable.

Hello,

It sounds like something happened to the logical structure of the disk. You can try utilities, such as Norton, Diskwarrier, or TechTools. Just make sure whatever utility you purchase is fully compatable with 9.2.2

If you do get your materials back, it is a great time to think about backups so that you do not sweat as hard next time.

Christian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.