Im having some problems with my Dell Latitude LS400, its seems as though i am getting a white screen, and LCD shows nothing, however if i plug a external monitor it works, what seems to be the culprit? I have been told by someone it can be either the LCD, the LCD inverter ot the ribbon cable, i have not done none of the following just asking if any of the professional members here can offer some advice.

thanks -Ed

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

you should really call dell tech support and talk to one of those indian guys, they gave me a whole new outlook on life. But really they can help.

Sounds like a shorting LCD inverter or a chaffed cable shorting to it..

Sounds like a shorting LCD inverter or a chaffed cable shorting to it..

Ive got one of those on my C640. Ive had the screen off a c600 working on it but i need a ribbon calbe. does anyone know where I can get one Quickly (I am in the UK) :?:

thanks in advance ;)

Howie

Ebays your best bet on used components. I buy and sell a ton of laps through here.. Good luck!

Im having some problems with my Dell Latitude LS400, its seems as though i am getting a white screen, and LCD shows nothing, however if i plug a external monitor it works, what seems to be the culprit? I have been told by someone it can be either the LCD, the LCD inverter ot the ribbon cable, i have not done none of the following just asking if any of the professional members here can offer some advice.

thanks -Ed

I have exactly the same problem with my LS400. What I found that the cable was damaged (cracked) at the hinge joint of LCD (loose bolts caused that). I had a bad luck with my first buying at ebay... a fraud. However I got the cable from other source and now the screen is up but I think the inverter is also faulty I there are some fluctuating lines on the screen and color rendering is lost.

What is meant by shorting LCD inverter and other functions do the inverter have other than producing high voltage. Is that HVAC signal?

DON'T BUY ON EBAY EVEN IF YOU ARE DIEING FOR AN ITEM!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.