I have an HP Pavilion ze5000s. My grandson knocked it off the desk the other day and one of the fans quite working. I have taken all the screws out (even about three that were hidden) and I cannot get the thing about. This is a laptop. It will come apart at the sides and corners but there is something holding it in the middle. I am not sure what to do to get it the rest of the way apart. I am sure the fan blade just got bent when it fell but I am at my wits end with this thing. I have to have a fan blowing into the side of the thing just to check my email. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks
Karrie

I have an HP Pavilion ze5000s. My grandson knocked it off the desk the other day and one of the fans quite working. I have taken all the screws out (even about three that were hidden) and I cannot get the thing about. This is a laptop. It will come apart at the sides and corners but there is something holding it in the middle. I am not sure what to do to get it the rest of the way apart. I am sure the fan blade just got bent when it fell but I am at my wits end with this thing. I have to have a fan blowing into the side of the thing just to check my email. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks
Karrie

Have you contacted HP Spare parts? I'm almost certain that a Google search would yield a service manual for that unit.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.