My monitor displays so dark that I most can't see anything .when i play CS,I can't see the one in dark corner.Can anyone help me?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

What video card, video card driver version, and operating system are you running?

Right off the bat without any information, I have two suggestions. Try to increase the brightness and the contrast on your monitor (usually theres buttons on the front that allow you to adjust it), and if that doesn't work, there is a good utility called Powerstrip. Check it out, it allows you to adjust lots of monitor/video card settings for your computer.

If you're using 2000/XP, right click on your desktop and go to "Properties". Click the "Settings" tab and then the "Advanced" button. Is there a tab for your video card? Sometimes it has settings such as this there. Otherwise, click the "Monitor" tab. What monitor does it say you're using? The default monitor or some other one?

I have a TNT2 video card and the latest driver,but it doesn't work .and i have adjusted the monitor to its top,it remains dark.

Maybe I have to open the back of the machine to adjust its focus,or call a mechanic to do so?

I assume that you're using WindowsXP via your other posts. Try installing the .inf files (I think that's what they are) for your monitor. They consist of coloring information for your monitor output, etc.

Also, what monitor does it say you're using?

My monitor display's so dark that I mostly can't see anything. When I play CS, I can't see the one in dark corner. Can anyone help me?

Is the text bright enough at the initial boot-up? That is, the text messages about system initialization, memory test, storage devices, and so on are clearly visible. If so, the problem is driver settings. If not, the problem is the monitor.

The boot screen is white text on a black background. When it shows up, turn your brightness control all the way up. The background should be a faint gray. Turn the brightness back down until the gray just disappears. The contrast control should be near maximum in most cases. That's the correct setting for the monitor. If you can't get a visible background raster at full brightness, then yes, your monitor has a problem.

The monitor is also dark when my computer boots up . the text is faint at the beginning that i can hardly read it. after a while it turn a little lighter ,but still very dark

I followed your instructions ,but it makes no difference.

The monitor is also dark when my computer boots up . the text is faint at the beginning that i can hardly read it. after a while it turn a little lighter ,but still very dark

I followed your instructions ,but it makes no difference.

How comfortable are you with opening your monitor? Tell me brand and model and I will tell you what to tweak, and how. I know this is a late reply, but for some reason this JUST popped up for the first time in a while.

I would **highly** reccomend not opening your monitor. There is a part in every CRT that can holds a charge of over 10,000 volts - enough to kill you. The part of this monitor contains this charge even when the monitor is off and unplugged.

The repair is somewhat easy - but it's not worth risking your life for. Take it to a shop, and spend 30 bux - it could save your life.

yeah.., you better take that thing to the shop., you may not be killed in counterstrike, but you can get killed by the shock of your deadly monitor.. :P

I just found this thread and am going through the same problems. I'll risk my "life" if this monitor gets working. I'm comfortable with taking apart lcd monitors also, I've done it routinely for friends and family in my mini-business. This is my first HD project. I recently found the monitor for under 10 dollars on craigslist, it is a Gateway FHD2400, I'm using it now, but it appears the backlight is out... Looking for someone with experience to reply, many thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.