hi i have a toshiba a55 i spilled soda in the keys board turned it off got it dryed out turned it back on said something about the clock i set it and it started up then it just turned off never to start again.took it apart wipes it out now it wont turn on.there are 3 light that come on green i hear the fan start up then it shuts off please help

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The problem is that soda has chemicals and sugar that have now dried over the circuits...almost impossible to find. The liquid might also have short-circuited something.

You could try to spray plain water in small areas and wipe, don't blow it dry. Wiping will take any residue up with the water...if you don't have a circuit failure, this might help.

But I fear you would need to dismantle and chase down each area that the soda touched for this to work.

The problem is that soda has chemicals and sugar that have now dried over the circuits...almost impossible to find. The liquid might also have short-circuited something.

You could try to spray plain water in small areas and wipe, don't blow it dry. Wiping will take any residue up with the water...if you don't have a circuit failure, this might help.

But I fear you would need to dismantle and chase down each area that the soda touched for this to work.

You could also pick up some freeze spray. You spray it on the board while it is running and will tell you if there are bad traces.

where can you get that?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.