Hello All,
I tried searching your forum for an answer to my problem and found nothing.
Details of the Problem:
The computer's fans and lights start. No POST, it remains on with fans on max.
A little history:
A month ago the computer worked fine. Then the odd time it froze or it did not boot on first try. One day it just woundn't start, I checked everything and searched for answers online. I failed and then I went to professional IT repairing firm to see if they had an answer. They said the mother board is dead.
I then replaced the motherboard today. The same problem as the old motherboard. Power supply is fine. It is running bare bones and I just cannot figure out the problem.

I hope this can be solved.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

P.S. The specs are: (All Components from an original Scaleo P except MoBo)
Intel Core 2 Duo
NEW ECS Motherboard 945GZT-M
Stock PSU

Any beeps ?

No, none at all. No beeps with the old or new motherboard. The old one had a speaker and did beep if it had to but I am not sure about the new one.

Check that the processor is seated properly.

Yep, it is seated properly!

Hello All,
I tried searching your forum for an answer to my problem and found nothing.
Details of the Problem:
The computer's fans and lights start. No POST, it remains on with fans on max.
A little history:
A month ago the computer worked fine. Then the odd time it froze or it did not boot on first try. One day it just woundn't start, I checked everything and searched for answers online. I failed and then I went to professional IT repairing firm to see if they had an answer. They said the mother board is dead.
I then replaced the motherboard today. The same problem as the old motherboard. Power supply is fine. It is running bare bones and I just cannot figure out the problem.

I hope this can be solved.

if you have changed the motherboard and still have same fault then it is your components that have to be checked eg memory , processor and cmos battery. and power supply and hard drive.

memory.. its always memory.......god dam

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.