I have a Compaq Presario V6000 Laptop which is a little over a year old so that makes the warranty no good anymore. Here's the situation....

With the AC power adapter plugged in only the blue ring where the adapter plugs into the computer comes on nothing else. When the power button is pressed nothing happens. I tried taking the battery out and and uplugging the AC power and holding the Power button in for 60 sec. to reset it and that doesn't work. Also tried clearing the CMOS and no luck either. Is this a dead motherboard or something that can be fixed. If it is a dead motherboard would it be worth it to put a new one in? I am a PC Tech that has been out of the feild for awhile but I think I could replace the motherboard if it's worth it.

Does anyone know why this would happen? The laptop is still pratically new.

Search the web with this problem and seems quite a few other people have had this issue with the same model no.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I dont have any experience with these laptops but this sort of situation does mean that the mobo is gone. If you are a technician then you can check by connecting the mobo to the power and see if the usual connection to power up the mobo is still working or maybe that has failed. Have a play around but it still sounds like a bad mobo as there are no lights at all on the laptop. If you laptop is virtually new then i would change the mobo if i could depending on how much the new one would be. Good Luck.

Raj

Right now I just recieved one of these and am experiencing a similar set of circumstances. With either adapter or battery used as power and on / off button pressed the machine will attempt to power on, LED lights flash and go out for HD, power and upper panel lights for volume ect... These all flash on and then off in about 1 second.

When battery is inserted it does show battery light as well.

No change in status with removal of memory, or storage media.

Doing a bit of a search on this exact model series online it seems this has been an ongoing issue with this model generally ending up in a replacement motherboard.

As a further item I have just stumbled across a new program involving this series of laptop as well as the HP Pavillion DV2000/ DV6000 / DV9000 and the Compaq Presario V3000/V6000 series.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us

This is a Warranty Enhancement program for all of these models addressing a variety of issues on these laptops.

Using this program I was just able to get a one time repair for our customer at a substantially reduced price, with us doing data backup and facilitating the repair for them.

I used the above link and talked to a nice girl in manila whose english was better than mine and she led me through a few troubleshooting steps before agreeing with me that the problem was unsolvable. She then told me that I was covered and did up a customer service order for me. Just waiting on the box to ship it back with and my problem should be taken care of in a few weeks. Thanx for the great link!!!!!!!!!

I have a Compaq Presario V6000 Laptop which is a little over a year old so that makes the warranty no good anymore. Here's the situation....

With the AC power adapter plugged in only the blue ring where the adapter plugs into the computer comes on nothing else. When the power button is pressed nothing happens. I tried taking the battery out and and uplugging the AC power and holding the Power button in for 60 sec. to reset it and that doesn't work. Also tried clearing the CMOS and no luck either. Is this a dead motherboard or something that can be fixed. If it is a dead motherboard would it be worth it to put a new one in? I am a PC Tech that has been out of the feild for awhile but I think I could replace the motherboard if it's worth it.

Does anyone know why this would happen? The laptop is still pratically new.

Search the web with this problem and seems quite a few other people have had this issue with the same model no.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hey there, i just experience the same problem with my laptop, yesterday. i am out of warranty and cannot afford another laptop till another 6months but if its easy to reapir then i can. i have exact same model as yours.

can you tell me if you found any solution to it. cheers

This is due to power problem on laptop motherboard. After dc power jack . A protection circuit of some mosfet and ic are made by company to protect the laptop from spike as well as this circuit protect laptop from further damage to laptop this circuit stop working and do not allow any power to laptop if any short circuit / open circuit (any part get fuse)or burn in laptop motherboard .further result in safty for laptop this problem is solved by a laptop technician of company or local service center to solve this problem contact expert laptop technician or company to get laptop working

taufeeque ahmed
laptopservicing@gmail.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.