I try and put my computer in standby mode and it wont let me. The error I get is : The device driver for the 'Communications Port (COM1)' device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver.

I have already tried updating the driver and it still does not want to go into standby. Please help because I need to keep this computer on.

Check device settings. Somewhere there has to be a tic or setting command to allow standby mode. This system is on all of the time but there's no one here to use it but me. Is there a specific reason U want to do so? The system is still under demand for power for that Com port, I would guess a wide band modem I would guess. Even if not under warranty, contact system mfg. for resolution, they've undoutably had the question before.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.