I was messing around with my computer and all of sudden it turned off. I tried to restart it and the lights all over my case were dim. It tried to turn on but it did have enough power for some reason. I want to know if I have too much stuff in my comp or is it ok for a 350 PS.
Intel P4 2.4
512mb ram
two HD western Digital
two cd roms
a tv tuner card and like 5 fans

It was working fine for so long should I change the powersupply to a higher one?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I was messing around with my computer and all of sudden it turned off. I tried to restart it and the lights all over my case were dim. It tried to turn on but it did have enough power for some reason. I want to know if I have too much stuff in my comp or is it ok for a 350 PS.
Intel P4 2.4
512mb ram
two HD western Digital
two cd roms
a tv tuner card and like 5 fans

It was working fine for so long should I change the powersupply to a higher one?

I would say that a good quality 350 watter powersupply would be plenty adequate for your system (taking into consideration you do not have a 3d card that requires its own molex connector) and that you do not overclock?

I am guessing that either your power supply is failing or.. I really do not know what. There is just too much guesswork involved. My suggestion would be to try a friends power supply, see if that has everything running. I would say a good bet would be to buy a name brand power supply. But definately best bet would be to try someone else's ps first!

goodluck

I went out and bought a 400 PS and when I installed it, the machine came back to life with even more power than it did before. The fans actually seem more powerful. I guess keeping a computer on for months at a time is not good or what?

Thanks for the help!

Aye, at the very least restart your computer every couple of days. Try to keep your computer turned off when your not using it, if it's possible. This will help you get the most out of your computer ;)

yeh restarts can do the trick:)
happy new year.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.