i'm new here, so i hope i put it in place..

i have a cd from 2 years ago, of picturs.
when i tried to open it i couldn't see my picturs.
i tried to copy it to the computer with "total commander", but only few of the picturs were copied.

can anyone have an idea how to get more of the pictures?

(i've heared somwhere that with linux it is easyer, i have double boot on my computer, so if it can help i'm ready to try...)

:) have a nice day!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What operating system are you using, what is the extension of the pics .gif .jpg .epd?

What operating system are you using, what is the extension of the pics .gif .jpg .epd?

i'm using windows XP and also ubuntu.
the pics are jpg.

thx!

more something, i've done the copy with the total commander twice, and there was some pictures that wasn't in the first time..

hi anilopo, have you tried to go dos mode..do dir first check whether you can see all your files.. then after that try to copy using dos mode..check whether it will help or not..

thx!

can u explain a little how to do it? :)

what shows on the disk in windows explorer ,hit the windows key +e [windows key on the lower left of keyboard between alt and ctry ]and open explorer and click on the cdrom drive containing the file ,you could then use edit and select all and copy and copy them to a new folder .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.