After installing XP SP2 my Mesh computer will no longer boot, either normally or safe mode. Continual BSOD
MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Stop: 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x8054D5F0, 0xB2000000,
0x00070F0F)

Machine ran fine until SP2 install. Have now tried to re-install win XP. But get the error "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

I have a ASUS K8V SE Deluxe Motherboard and have obtained from ASUS the correct ATA 8237sata drivers. Booted from the CD, F6 to install the ATA drivers (from floppy) which install without error. Then am given the option to Re-install XP or Repair XP. Both options give me the error as above ""Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

I've tried a new cable, but still same result. Interestlingly during POST I do see my drive flash up on the screen as a Maxtor 152Gb, so the BIOS is seeing it somehow, just not the O/S....

There is a lot of SATA tickets out there but most seem fixed by loading the SATA driver via F6 during the boot. I have loaded the drivers (and tried different ones) but with no joy. HELP ANYONE!

Hi,

Im having the same problem, were u able to find a way to resolve this?

thnx

Hi,

Im having the same problem, were u able to find a way to resolve this?

thnx

I connected the sata cable onto the sata2 slot on the mobo. HDD then recognised and I was able to perform the re-install.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.