Hi everyone,

My laptop (a Compaq Presario 700) is about to die, i think it only has a few weeks of life left in it, apparently due to bad clusters on the hard drive. Anyway, I love a project, so I hope somebody can help me.

I would like to try to detach the (naturally) flat screen from my laptop, in order to link it up to a desktop I might buy, thus getting a free (!) flat screen.

Yes, I know this is very cheap, and I know it will be hard to do, but surely it would be do-able? I mean, surely all a monitor needs is a power source and the ability to talk to the computer?

How would I go about doing this, if it is possible?

Thankyou incredibly in advance,

majeka

ps: as you might be able to tell, i do not know very much about computers, but love trying ridiculous things like this, so please talk to the layman...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Wow....umm...let me just say that to the best of my knowledge...that is not currently possible. The molded connector for a laptop monitor is configured to pull energy and sigal to/from the LCD panel, and is not easily converted to the VGA on most desktops.

Sorry about that...
:cheesy:

Okay...let's modify my last comment with:

Okay...for all the folks bent on world destruction....I mean, hooking up their laptop LCDs to their computers....here is a helpful link.

http://www.geocities.com/p9019/lcdpanel

That one took a bit of scowering the web, so use it wisely. :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.