Hello Guys and Gals .I trying to install a new never used 52x CDRW in a older P166 with 64 megs of Simm ram and a Asus Motherboard ,Problem begins when i put a cd in the Drive ,it sees all files as Audio files .Nero ,doesent see it as a burner ,but Alcohol 120% does but doesent reconsie the blank cd as recordable media .I tried setting DMA mode ,tried it as slave on primary and master on secondary IDE .,no difference . Could it be something to do with the IDE chanel settings .Any ideas

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Just not enough horsepower Jack. I've seen specks on 52x cdr's that want a minimum P3 700!!; The 64MB ram sounds about right but it should be DDR or PC100/133 not 72pin edo.

Just not enough horsepower Jack. I've seen specks on 52x cdr's that want a minimum P3 700!!; The 64MB ram sounds about right but it should be DDR or PC100/133 not 72pin edo.

Yeah ,I figured that was the problem,I just thought it would still work ,just burn at a really low speed .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.