I am completely unable to boot my compaq presario from the cd rom drive. I have gone into BIOS and none of the cd drives are listed for the boot order. However, I know that it is seeing them because i have just used a bootable version of DOS and it could see the files on CD's. For some reason the BIOS will not let me choose to boot from them. I currently have no operating system installed so I HAVE to be able to boot from the CD drive to get a new operating system loaded. ?????????????????? what do I do????

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Giving us the exact model # of the Presario and its BIOS make/version/revision would help.

Yeah that's the other thing. The BIOS version is nowhere to be found. It is supposed to be listed on the main screen or under one of the BIOS menus, but I cannot find it. Therefore, that would eliminate updating it.

Um... bummer. :(

It sounds like you'd recognize the boot order option in the BIOS if you saw it, and without knowing the BIOS version I really don't know what else to suggest at the moment... :-|

I currently have no operating system installed so I HAVE to be able to boot from the CD drive to get a new operating system loaded. ?????????????????? what do I do????

No floppy drive :?:

No floppy drive :?:

Groan... I hope it's not XP- six floppies just to do it that way. Blah!

Laser, what is the exact version of Windows that you need to install?

Groan... I hope it's not XP- six floppies just to do it that way. Blah!

Laser, what is the exact version of Windows that you need to install?

Sorry for the confusion; I don't need to install anything, I was just wondering if acezrwild's system had a floppy drive to boot from.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.