Hi All, i have a P4 2.8 , xp (home), logteck speakers which absolutly have no problem in them.
my speakers keep on giving a beep sound like the sound i hear in physics lab from a frequence generator, its the same(if u know it)
i tried other speakers but they'r still the same sound so i think its from the soundCard , but i dont c any prop. in it
(am not a professional in soundCards anyway)

so is it something i can fix from the settings in control pane, or do i have to fix it from the inside?
any help will be great..
thanx.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

That 'beep' sound will almost certainly be a warning signal from your equipment indicating that something is wrong with it. You will need to provide us with further information:

* What make/model is the PC?
What make/model is the motherboard?
* What is the frequency and duration of beeps? (e.g. continuous short beep; 3 beeps; long, short, long etc etc.......)
* When do they occur?

ok, am not really sure about the model thing(really i have no idea), but what i know is
P4 cpu 2.8GHz 512 MB ram (and this is it) i may sound stupid but ....

its continuous beep never stops
its only one side not both of them(I have only two)
its not from the speakers cuz I tried to put a headphones and still made same sound.

sometimes the sound gets louder when I move the mouse or type, so i think its from the sound card maybe.

but when I turn turn the comp. off and on again it stops, but comes after a while and never stops again(untill its shut down)

sorry 4 makin it too long

ok, am not really sure about the model thing(really i have no idea), but what i know is
P4 cpu 2.8GHz 512 MB ram (and this is it) i may sound stupid but ....

its continuous beep never stops
its only one side not both of them(I have only two)
its not from the speakers cuz I tried to put a headphones and still made same sound.

sometimes the sound gets louder when I move the mouse or type, so i think its from the sound card maybe.

but when I turn turn the comp. off and on again it stops, but comes after a while and never stops again(untill its shut down)

sorry 4 makin it too long

i have a similar problem with my old 266mhz computer. I trouble shot everything and it turned out to be the powersupply was going bad....(i only found this out because of another problem) but when i replaced the power supply it went away
if youve got access to another supply maybe you could try swapping it in and see if it is the problem

I have had a similar problem with the mouse thing but you should try uninstalling the card in the device manager and reinstalling then updateing the driver and then keep the mouse away from the speaker

this is what worked for me when i had this problem
hope this helps

-Zach Boyce

thanx, ill try it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.