i have a hp laptop, running windows xp home edition. the display is dark, i can barely see anything. I hooked it up to an external monitor and that monitor is displaying it perfectly, i've also tried the other OS's and all appear dark. If someone can please help and save me from ripping out my hair, it would be much appreciated! thanks in advance!!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by TallCool1

i have a hp laptop, running windows xp home edition. the display is dark, i can barely see anything. I hooked it up to an external monitor and that monitor is displaying it perfectly, i've also tried the other OS's and all appear dark. If someone can please help and save me from ripping out my hair, it would be much appreciated! thanks in advance!!!

Is it still under warranty? You probably have a bad inverter, the DC-to-AC circuit that drives the fluorescent-tube backlight. Less likely, but possible: the fluorescent-tube backlight iself is broken or disconnected.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.