raspberry382 0 Newbie Poster

Hi, I have an iBook G4 14" 740 mhz. The computer was freezing up constantly and giving my the occassional flashing question mark when I restarted it, so my brother reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled all my programs. It worked for a couple of days, then it would freeze again--but when I restarted it, I would only come up with the blue screen. If I let it sit for a couple for hours before restarting, it would boot up all the way and work for a couple of minutes, then freeze again.

My brother thought the hard drive itself was the problem, so I ordered a new Seagate 160 g hard drive off this site and he installed it.

The computer is not recognizing the new hard drive at all and now, once again, the computer only shows a blue screen when booting up. Any help? We ran the Apple hardware test and everything--logic board, memory, even the hard drive--all check out just fine. I just don't know where to go from here.

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.